Semi auto's

ELLOBO

Hi to all. I'm after a cheap Semi auto for about £500-600, looked around on the web and came across this. Baikal MP-153 has anyone had any dealings with one ? and what other Semi autos are out there that are steel proofed for that kind on money. secondly

has anyone used a single adjustable choke like (poly choke 2) or a truglo. any help would be appreciated.

used to have a poly choke on a 3 shot bolt action Savage 12 bore years ago, ( about 50 ) used it wildfowling and to be honest I was always playing with it i.e. are the ducks coming closer? are they gonna fly past further away? it was a pain, I always doubted my judgement. I now use multi choke, make up my mind which ones to fit and go shooting

I had one. A monster of an auto. It was virtually indestructable. external mutichockes. Chromed barrels and quite nice walnut stock.

It was nose heavy and not that well balanced. There is a manual adjustment to made to the gas system to allow it to process everything from light clay loads to monster 3.5 inch magnums.

Remington badged and sold the gun as the Remington Spartan in the US. Nothing stamped made in Russia sells too well there!

Berettas and Browning family autos will be better balanced and more slick handling. But when it comes to long life, I'd probably bet on the Baikal.

A tough no nonsense auto that will stand years of abuse.