CROWN SHOOT 12-13

Paul223

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob tell me he took a picture of your hat . . . . . . . . . . . . .

and that he wanted to burn it over the chimanea

Got a pic but no hat the ****** took it with him :lol:

It was really so he could find 1 just like it so he could get another Fox into 80yds and hopefully hit this 1 one handed :w00t:

See you took a back step on the rifle :innocent:

sat26027.jpg

sat26023.jpg

shoot and be safe's personal bag from the Nant

sat26025.jpg

phil with his first rabbit of this year

sat26024.jpg

(whats supposed to be a ) cover crop at the top of the nant

sat26022.jpg

and looking down into the nant from below the fence (on my way up!)

sat26021.jpg

yes, that is a gun centre pic!!, loooooooonnng way down!!!!

Edited by Paul223

Nice vid Phil, i've yet to shoot that end of aleds, they are good birds quite amazing when your beating as you get to see the hight on them, the higher ones must be knocking on 60 yards, bit like the regular birds going over pegs 6 & 7 in the nant!

was that two birds without breaking the gun?

:whistling:

Last shoot of the season and not that many guns with dogs so decided to beat pretty much all the drives, walked the first drive with the gun and managed to bag a partridge going back, one and only shot of the drive

at the start of the second drive we watched as Magman dropped a ridiculously high carrion crow for one shot, then beat the drive down, very few birds about

took Boss ( one of the pups) with me to beat the third drive, his training will really start this year but he does well enough beating some of the smaller strips where i can keep him under control

forth drive and we have a lack of dogs in the line ( well we only had 3 people volunteer! ), so with Rob beating the top i decided to take Boss again as well as Jill my springer with the idea of keeping Boss close and back on a lead before the cliffs, all went well and i was so very pleased with the pup, he returned to my call every time, flushing a few birds here and there, so feeling a bit chuffed with him!

Last drive (we omitted one as it has been very unproductive), an easy beat so my turn to have a shot, sent Jill and Meg ( my other pup ) off with the beating team, and Boss came with me being very well behaved all the time, this is a flat field of beat and sweed, producing low but very fast birds, two shots and a clean miss to my right, then another shot which connects with a hen out to my front right falling over the fence line some 25 yard behind and my pup Boss goes to retrieve, a third bird flying almost the same drops to my next shot and is retrieved by Robs dog. Very chuffed with the pup the hen had dropped into gorse and he looked so proud bringing it back!

couple of pics from today

sat1st001_zps26e52b32.jpg

sat1st002_zps583a4549.jpg

waiting at the top of the cliffs, pup on a lead!

sat1st004_zps8e5e4850.jpg

sat1st006_zpsa6995a9f.jpg

sat1st008_zps593a7a85.jpg

sat1st009_zpsb3345e98.jpg

In the pic PW members; shoot and be safe, Magman, Maglad, MK38MAGS, philmypower, and myself..........

sat1st014_zps0d076579.jpg

Hit 40% return on combined Pheasant Partridge duck numbers today too!

Edited by Paul223