243 Factory Ammo

Hi all,

I am lookin to try some different weights of factory ammo I want an all round load for fox and deer. Currently I use 90gn PPU but decided I want to tighten my groups a little,

I was wanting to get some 87gn hornady soft point and some 75gn Remington accutip to give them a run down the barrel, as a start. I really want to try 70-90gn factory ammo, not brand specific and perferably not rapid expansion

Anyone know where stocks these in the leeds, bradford and harrogate area?

Alot of places will get them in but will take quite a few weeks.

I've had some ballistics but they are always going up in price - about £30 for 20 rounds now.

Privi Partisan 90g and 100g for £10 a box of 20 is just too good to pass up, and has done the job for me on both fox and deer

I will second that as long as your filre is happy using PPU Ammunition! I've not had any foxes or deer that have come back to me and complained about me shooting them with "cheap" ammunition yet

Just out of interest, roughly what size of groups are you getting at what ranges mate?

I've had some ballistics but they are always going up in price - about £30 for 20 rounds now.

Privi Partisan 90g and 100g for £10 a box of 20 is just too good to pass up, and has done the job for me on both fox and deer

I will second that as long as your filre is happy using PPU Ammunition! I've not had any foxes or deer that have come back to me and complained about me shooting them with "cheap" ammunition yet

PRVI 90g SP work well enough for me in my .243. but they are £12 a box round here now, gone are the £10 days.

On thing for the OP to be a little careful about with lighter ammo is the Deer legalities in England/Wales, if you are not careful you "MAY" drop below the energy requirements (obviously weight as well for Scotland)! :good:

Just out of interest, roughly what size of groups are you getting at what ranges mate?

Im getting 1.5-2.0" @100yd which is fine but want them a little tighter for longer range fox shots.

Thanks for the replies so far, I have tried the mentioned retailers already and none have them in stock. The PPU 90gn have droped several foxes like a sack of ****!! They are brilliant and cheap! Dont have any complaints as such with them, I just want to tighten groups a little.

I think I have a few 58gr Norma left over, trying some 75 gr reloads soon. The Norma made a huge difference in mine, drop me a pm if you want a few but it will only be enough to try a group I'm afraid

Thanks for the offer! I still have some hornady 58gn, I am running low on the 75gn accutip and want a substitute really.

Gone to reloading now !!! got a fair few mixed fartory ammo if you want try some 2 boxes ppu 90 gr, 1 box winchester 100 gr power point ,, 2boxes rem accutip 75 gr,95 gr,,1 box rem 80 gr sp,, 1 box of sako 90 gr sp

Thanks for the offer, but not sure when I would be able to get to wrexham. I would have taken the 75gn and 80gn ammo if I could!

Thanks for the offer, but not sure when I would be able to get to wrexham. I would have taken the 75gn and 80gn ammo if I could!

no probs mate they are here if you want them had them for about 2 years now (had to blow the dust of them) to see whot i had !!i gone down the dark side of reloading now IAN