2 more Charlies on the caller's list

Dougy

Got this one wednesday evening spotted going up the hedge line just over 100 yds stopped just long enough for the shot. A bit of a weird one this one, kept going round in circles before i shot it, didnt do much after mind..

post-2987-0-16806800-1350056009_thumb.jpg

Then this one last night over fresh drilled wheat, we managed 20 minutes between down pours, traveling there it piddled it down really heavy, but once on the road there was no turning back really, so got there and the rain seemed to hold off for a while, got set up and my lamper had a quick peep over the first field. We had a bit of a shock as i was told there were plenty of rabbits on it Sunday, all we could see was nice neat rows of drill, not what we expected. Anyway, another quick lamp showed a pair of eyes over 370 yds away, the field is 400 from hedge to hedge so i wouldnt be far off, i got the caller out switched it on and waited a couple of minutes, as usual it was coming in but went right over to the edge of the field and just below a dip, i could hardly see it with the cluson lamp, so opted for the 170 to be connected to the large battery. Loads better.

Sat out square to us at 219 yds. Chest shot job done picked it up walked back to the pickup, then the heavens opened. Could not have timed it better.

post-2987-0-20705200-1350056026_thumb.jpg

might be out later depends on the rain :good:

What do you lads do with the foxes once shot and retrieved ?

Depending on the damage, i bone them out and make Fox burgers with garlic (plenty of)

Sorry being silly again. :rolleyes: I ask the farmers before hand what they want me to do with the Fox's i shoot, 9 out of 10 ask them to be dumped on the muck heap. Or if not on a muck heap i leave a message were have left them, and i think they bury them, not sure after that.