8 bore

ratass

I would read up on them first before buying anything! some have been cobbled together and folk want big money, a 10b would not be a problem you could get a nice one for £2k.

But you then have the problem of getting ammo unless you load your own. A few good 8s have been around past few months more so singles but again its how much choke is left in the gun and what it was proofed at and measures now, i have been lucky with the ones i have had they have been fairly clean guns.I would not buy anything from a dealer!.

Edited by shakin stevens

English 8 bore doubles are obviously big, big money now. I'm still on the look out for one, it would be great to reload blackpowder into an 8!!.

If you just want to try an 8 bore then bored out spanish 10s come up every so often and are cheap. I've got one and to be honest the recoil is absolutely terrific. It doesn't do anything that a 12 bore 3.5" magnum can't do - (it logically must pattern better but the 3.5" 12 can still take 2 1/4 oz of lead or an equivalent volume of non-tox).