Spaniel hedge work

Jimmer

The cover is very thick at the moment, even a Springer that knows the ropes wont crash threw unless there is some thing there.

I tend to flick small stones into cover for my young dogs to get them in where I think there maybe game. You can also plant cold game in cover for your dog to find.

Edited by Actionpigeons

Hi

I try to do a lot of light cover and get the dog a lot of finds and thick cover has never been an ishu as they know the score with the success they have had in light cover.

a lot of the problems people have with dogs is down to them pushing there dogs to quick.

if i offered you a small reward for a lot of work and sometimes no reward for a lot of work how long would you be working for me.

dogs are just the same give them very very easy thing to do and lots of success and success will bread success

get them really keen on very light cover and slowly make it harder and harder cover with lots of finds

you can put a training dummy in thick cover just to get him /her used to success when you have sent them in to thick cover and nothing was in there. a bingo they trust you and get a nice retrieve to boot.

ATB

Colin