Good News and happy happy joy joy...

Lancs Lad

Been 2 weeks since I sent my application off.......

Had my references checked last week, had a phone call on thursday, had my visit tonight.

FLO was a nice guy, asked if I had a cabinet, told him not yet, wanted to wait to see if any problems.

Said that there are no problems as long as I am a good boy.....

Told me to go out and get a cabinet, then give him a call so he can come round.

"depending on how quick they are with the cert" then he could bring it round. If not 2 weeks for it to come thru the post...

Got friday off...........guess what Im picking up................. :-)

Im now going to be certified................

Hello my fellow shot gunners....

Been 2 weeks since I sent my application off.......

Had my references checked last week, had a phone call on thursday, had my visit tonight.

FLO was a nice guy, asked if I had a cabinet, told him not yet, wanted to wait to see if any problems.

Said that there are no problems as long as I am a good boy.....

Told me to go out and get a cabinet, then give him a call so he can come round.

"depending on how quick they are with the cert" then he could bring it round. If not 2 weeks for it to come thru the post...

Got friday off...........guess what Im picking up................. :-)

Im now going to be certified................

Hello my fellow shot gunners....

well done mate where did you decide on keeping the cabinet

Wife is ok with me keeping at home after we had a talk with FLO at the midland game fair.

its going under the stairs or up in the loft.

Prefer under the stairs because I have heard that you can suffer from condensation problems if its kept up in the loft.

well chuffed, thought that I wouldnt get it thru due to a "issue" when I was a youngster.....

It pays to be absolutely honest with the firearms department.

If you leave any "issues" off your application they will find out and want to know why you didn't tell them, this makes your application in doubt !

Honesty is the best policy

Any way welcome to the shotgunners :good::/;)

its a great idea telling everyone where your gun cabinet is isnt it?:/?:/?:lol:?:P?:P?:P?

How are they going to find his address from here though :angry:

As long as it secured to the wall properly, won't matter who knows where it is, as long as they don't know where the keys are :no:

Good on you, nothing like getting your first shotty :( :(

Niceeeeeeeee :angry: I sent mine off beginning of september, i keep phoning them every week to hurry them up, should get a home visit within a week or 2, my cabinet is securly fastened to the wall, if anyone tried steeling my cabinet they will have a hell of a job :no:

Im going to put a deposit down on my shotgun next weekend so the police better hurry up so i can get my baby home...

its a great idea telling everyone where your gun cabinet is isnt it?:lol:?:P?:P?:P?:(?:(?

How are they going to find his address from here though :/

As long as it secured to the wall properly, won't matter who knows where it is, as long as they don't know where the keys are :/

Good on you, nothing like getting your first shotty :( :look:

Iv got my cabinet in my bedroom, its on full view but i tell you no one could rip it out the wall, you would have a hell of a job :look:

application has taken 10 days for them to check my references, and to do my home visit......

Im hoping that they will come and check the cabinet this week and hopefuly they will be able to bring the cert with them.

If not then it should be thru to me by 5 weeks from the application...............

application has taken 10 days for them to check my references, and to do my home visit......

Im hoping that they will come and check the cabinet this week and hopefuly they will be able to bring the cert with them.

If not then it should be thru to me by 5 weeks from the application...............

Greater Manchester Fire Arms Dept........................I LOVE YOU........................

Came home today for my 2nd vist to find that they have already sent my SGC through.......was in the post box.

FLO came round, gave the cabinet the all clear.

45mins later Im on the way home with my new shotty and a box full of carts...........

Anyone in the G.M.C area thinking about putting your cert in........GET IT IN.........................they are quiet at the moment...............

Mine was through in less than 3 weeks.......................BLOODY FANTASTIC........

PULL...................................................bang, bang...........(had to do 2 as I havent got my eye in yet.....) :good:

Somebodys made up !

Good safe shooting to you matey

Been out today...............Fired 5 shells...................hit nowt...................but they werent much of a chance, just went for a wander around my permission.....

Could have shot plenty of seaguls..................if they were on the list......

Had 2 pigeons flit past, more a shot in anger about me seeing them too late than a real opportunity.....