Made my mind up...

Highbird70

Hi All...

Is been a very long time sine I had a dog here in Uk, my Setters are in Italy with my dad, but I have been missing a lot a shooting companion. Finally I made my mind up on which breed I would like to have as a shooting buddy, you might think he is nuts but ....ohhh welll...I'm not a Prada follower so be it.

I have decided to try to get a Portoguese Pointer, I just fallen in love with their face.....and hunting skills look really good, I did have a very limited choice, unfortunally wife she's allergic to long hair animals, so couldn't have my Setters, didn't really want to go for the usual GSp.

Now I am trying to find a litter available for next year, but it is proving extremely difficult

Mark

TY Williamr, I just hope thatI will find a reasonable good dog and hopefully I will not have to travel to Portugal to find one, I am already in contact with the kennel breeder in the UK...the only one, hopefully they will decide to have another litter next year, as I missed this year....fingers crossed

Someone has to have them..lol

They look a little like a cross between a boxer and a Hungarian Vizsla.

The problem you will face is getting one from a working line. Most in the UK I would think are from show stock.

but good luck

Lol Thanks...I feel much better now, actually the only UK breeder Brittyhill in surrey, works the dog a lot for a syndicate, but I have made some good contacts in the States, Portugal, France.

Cosd....this breed its in the creations of the English Pointer, they are fantastic retrivers and very good hunters....they do stalk and point similar to a tiger, they are super affectionate and gently in nature when home, hopefully I will find a good one