English skeet???

Gizza22196

im probably going to go and shoot a round of skeet tomorrow and just wanted to make sure i know what targets are where

am i right in saying it goes like this:

station 1: 2 singles and a double (high first)

station 2: same as above

station 3: 2 singles (high first)

station 4: 2 singles and a double ( chose which you shoot first on both singles and doubles)

station 5::2 singles (low first)

station 6: 2 singles and a pair (low first)

station 7: same as above

and your 25th bird is the one that you miss first or a bird of your choice on station 7

You shouldnt have a 25th shot unless you've cleared the previous 24, you should re-shoot the first missed clay immediatley after missing it, i.e. the trapper should ask you to repeat the missed clay before you leave that stand.

The reason for switching to low clays first on stand 6 pair and stand 7 singles and pairs is the same as shooting the rest of the stands high bird first ...safety. Its inevitable that some clay fragments will come your way on incoming birds and by using this sequence you should never have to turn away from incoming fragments while still having one live barrel.

The lad who does the scoring helped me out last time :) that was the only time I've shot skeet before but I should get my head round it soon enough, I'd just rather try and remember it now so I don't **** off all the serious blokes in my squad :P

Edited by Gizza22196