21st's

ETO

I'm currently in Sheffield! Get up here and you can have a student night out with myself and the rest of the flat, cant promise you a 21st to remember though, as you may not remember it. Student budget boozing will leave you with funds to spare too!

I've never actually been round Sheffield tbh. Can't say the fella would be too pleased with your idea though :lol:

you're welcome :good: all 3 of my step daughters have been through their 21st birthday parties and one ended up in a horrendous state after their drink was spiked, the other two just got too drunk to walk properly. Thankfully they were staying at friends overnight so we didn't have to sweep up the vomit after :lol:

just be careful cos if there's the slightest chance you could make me one of those mud pies... ;)

I once got so drunk I got a knife from a friends kitchen (house party) and asked her brother to cut my hand so me and my friends could do blood brothers. Someone actually filmed it (no idea why but it got deleted after I'd seen it) and watching that back made me realise that I should know when to stop. He locked the kitchen, took the knife off me and took me to bed. Other highlights of that night were me having to wash my hair because I couldn't do a shot properly and it went up my nose and in my hair.. try standing over a bath with a shower attachment whilst being under a large influence.. And curling up in their dog basket.

The last time I got that drunk again I was at a staff christmas do. I was still aware of things I was doing and saying but not that aware. I managed to tumble in a taxi after I'd finished what I thought was enough, got home and fell through the door. My fella just said "you're drunk" and laughed. I meanwhile accused Louie of pushing me through the door, even though he was in his bed the other side of the room.

So now I drink to the point of where I go a little dizzy, have a glass of water, then continue on or leave it. But that video haunts me so I know I'll never get that bad again.

I was at sea, somewhere in the Far East (can't remember exactly where). I had a cake courtesy of the galley and a couple of beers with the others who were off watch. Nothing particularly memorable. Other significant birthdays have been much better!

Nick

As with so many things in life, it's all about expectations management. Almost every "epic" night I've ever had has started in a generally unpromising way and then developed organically from there.

My advice is not to sweat about making it an event to remember, especially if money's tight.

Get a bit of cheap speed from that bloke down the pub, knock it back with a couple of fingers of JD and the world's your oyster.

:good:

LS

As with so many things in life, it's all about expectations management. Almost every "epic" night I've ever had has started in a generally unpromising way and then developed organically from there.

Isn't that the truth - you try and go out for a special occaision and the chances are it will go flat. the best nights out in my life have frequently been of the sort that started with an arrangement to meet a mate in a pub for a swift half on the way home. or the one where i went clubbing with about £5 in 2 pence pieces

Very true, some of the best nights I've had have started from meeting up in a pub for half an hour for a quick drink with a few mates. I think the best night I've had was one where we all swore we wouldn't go on anywhere after the pub. Most of the planned nights have been quite a let down in my opinion.