Best round for cz 527 varmint

mad1

hi all I'm due to pick up my .223 shortly what round do you recomend to try first eg what weight and what zero to set it too ?? I have been reading some set it to 100yds using 55gr ???

Any other ideas ?

Thanks m1

Edited by mad1

Zero at 1.5 inch high at 100 yards puts you close to zero at 200, I use 40g Norma or federal v shock in mine they fly fast at 3700 fps at muzzle it's up to you tho depends what your doing with it, 40g are devastating on fox but wind effects them more use a 55g hornady v max if you want a good ballistic tip round or a 40g the choice is yours

At 300 yards with a 40g and a 200 yard zero 4.3 inches a 55g will be around 5 but maybe abit more haven't got the calculator set up for that I just try a few of each I use the 40 as there slightly flatter shooting and need less hold over on the 300 yard shots, it doesn't matter what grain the bullet is its still going to kill whatever it hits

Just started with mine using 55g sp ppu with mine on targets 100-300yards Shot 300 with around 10mph-15mph crosswind and the sighting bullet was 12" off aim point Also set mine a smidge high at 100yds.

Just starting out at the moment so not an expert but after a sighting shot i can put 14 shots in a 3" target at 300yrds.Home loads next and hopefully some still days on the range.

hi all I'm due to pick up my .223 shortly what round do you recomend to try first eg what weight and what zero to set it too ?? I have been reading some set it to 100yds using 55gr ???

Any other ideas ?

Thanks m1

My mate had a CZ 527 Varmint .223 and it worked very well with Hornady V-max Moly 55gr set 1 1/2 inch high at 100 yards.