Soft point expansion

Dunkield

Sorry i dont understand?

Accuraccy is not genuinely improved in a std factory chambered gun by poking the bullet out, many believe it is and this gives them a mental confidence block using the correct col for the bullet. If you had a custom chamber the smith would cut it to suit you chosen bullet at its correct COL yet working within those smaller paramiters you can often find a sweeter spot for jump or jamb.

In the field the small jump can change to a jamb situation (muck being a common one), this can lead to a pressure spike occuring. This is the reason factory chambers are generously proportioned. The 6.5 swede can use some seriously long bullets such as those for Moose, it is here the makers work out the sizing.

I hope you understand now

In the field

So are you saying that long bullets aren't good because of the potential to jam? Those loads will do a half inch group at 100 yards....

I have some even longer factory loads, so should i not use them if they are gonna jam and damage me/the gun?

No at std col they (the even longer rounds) will not touch the rifling, that the whole idea. I aint entering an argument about this but the fact they do 1/2" at 100yds is in spite of not because of IMO.