Soft point expansion

Dunkield

Thats with the Nosler partition head aint it? great bullet for big deer, the std old fedral powershock offering would have generally splattered. I wasn't aware they offered that bullet but know they do the nosler b/tip is part of thier factory offering, got a box with the 70grn and they impressed the heck out of me on fox the other year when i couldn't reload for a period.

Fascinating...... never seen one with wiggly bits of swarf hanging off it before :good:

its basically the effect of a twin core bullet. the head section is meant to expand and to some limited degree fragment up to were it meets the copper intersection creating a quick kill and greater heamoraging. behind this intersection is another section of lead, this holds together and drives the bullet forwards for a clean strike through or enabling it to penetrate deeper through bone and muscle groups on larger quarry. Meat damage is limited compared to jacketed bullets which basically act as the front section.

check the end of the box, powershok and v-shock just seem to denote if they are hunting or varmint bullets from fedral. The 70grn .243 box i have here denotes 70grn Nosler b/tip with the trademark, i used some older blue box powershok and the bullets were poor at best though they shot tight enough. I am sure the well thought of Sako gamehead factory was also a Nosler partition, if not it was a darn close copy in looks and performance.

They are the old blue box variety, I don't get through that many so I have had them years.

In my rifle at least they be extremely accurate, I am not getting the whole willy waving thing but under pressure and in terrible conditions I pulled off one of the most satisfying shots of my life last week - so I have no complaints.

I certainly don't regret packing in reloading that's for sure.

P1030568 (Small).JPG

P1030569 (Small).JPG