Cz scope rail width

mosa

CZ dovetails come in two flavours the US spec 3/8" and the European 11mm.

The 3/8" is the distance across the base of the dovetail (9.52mm) and the 11mm is the distance across the top of the dovetail if you've got some calipers handy.

The 3/8 is basically a bit wider, though most dovetail mounts cater for both e.g. from 9mm - 12mm, with such a range none are perfectly dead centre but you won't notice the difference at rimfire distances.

Any models like the CZ 455 marked 'American' will be 3/8".

:)

Just aquired a cz 455 hmr my question is is the rail width the same as the 452 models? Hoping i can swap a scope set up from a 452 to mine or do i need different mounts Cheers in advance of any replies

Ask Derek!. I'd be interested to know.

As 1in9 said above, historically the CZ have utilised both 3/8 and 11mm, commonly heavy barrels and WMR spec 3/8, others 11mm (THIS IS A GUIDE ONLY NOT A GUARANTEE, THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF MODELS/VARIATIONS).

As he also mentioned, you will find MANY mounts capable of both 11 and 3/8, so if you check before you buy then just fit the appropriate base clamp! :good: