More Trials Bike help opinions

gixer1

All I can say is that their performance is probably as good as any modern trials bike. I've never owned a gas gas but I know people who have them and I don't think they're as well put together as the beta's. more likely to start coming apart. My mates TXT has needed some mending while my beta just keeps going. He does give it some hammer though, but he also opines that the beta's are better nailed together if you know what I mean.

to be honest, go for a beta 270 or the sherco, gas gas seem to be a bit savage, just my opinion, brother used to have one, always seemed to be wanting to go on the back wheel

what was wrong with the sherco you were looking at

That's correct, they don't have the creamy power delivery of the beta's and that's what you want in a trials bike. Not as bad as my fantic 363 k roo though, that's more like an enduro engine, harsh and gruff by comparison. Not at all forgiving and more likely to spit you off the back. LOL.

Heard too many bad things about sherco's a friend had. 2011 on and used it in the ssdt and it was pretty much scrap by the end of it apparently.

Just sold the beta so fancied a gas gas...

Regards,

Gixer

I can highly recommend a beta rev3 but I couldn't recommend a gas gas I'm afraid. I don't like the build quality or the power delivery compared to the beta. Just my opinion though. I'm sure others would disagree. If you get a gas gas, good luck.

I think I was following the pack a bit to be honest as two friends have gas gas's (one a txt pro240 and the other a contact 270) also the left hand kick start bugged me a bit and the working around the big lump of a frame to maintain it, this is what put me off a rev3 or Evo and the fact there seems to be a large supply of gas gas parts.

A scorpa did appeal but I was told the gas gas was better for trail riding with a bit of trials riding.

And the tarted up factor of the raga :)

Regards,

Gixer