my high seat

petesv

sorry for not getting back sooner it is my wood i have 7acres of a wood that totals about 70 acres it is very remote so i have no locals that i know of it was dream of mine when a child to have my own wood ,i have no plans at the moment to shoot from it is cleared up to 308 but only from a high seat , i will make plans for next year pete.

sorry for not getting back sooner it is my wood i have 7acres of a wood that totals about 70 acres it is very remote so i have no locals that i know of it was dream of mine when a child to have my own wood ,i have no plans at the moment to shoot from it is cleared up to 308 but only from a high seat , i will make plans for next year pete.

cheers, funnily enough Im in the process of buying 7 acres of woodland too, had already thought about building platforms in tree's, but classing them as high seats for pest control, if any concerns were raised by councils/locals/pain in the *rses

I was thinking the same mate so checked out www.woodlands.co.uk and found 2 near me which I looked at yesterday.

3 1/2 acres £35k so seems roughly pro-rata works out around £10k/acre.

A luxury I can't afford unfortunately but it would be really nice to have!

I was looking into woodland as well! Had a bit of inheritance so was going to invest it wisely. Never knew it cost such an amount. Oh well, a shotgun it is ;)

thats how Im doing it, but should have enough left for a new gun or two, plus it deffo gives you the excuse to buy a chainsaw :good:

u dont need permission to build as long as its not permanent ,be careful where u site as u will find a wood is in constant state of life and death and you don't want a tree falling on your new pride and joy tab pete

What are the sizes of the structure, approx? How is it secured is it fixed in the ground?

Regards

Hcc

my high seat is 3m x 3m x 5.3m high it has an opening on all 4 sides and accesses through the floor i spent one night on my own in it it was very strange but an experience ,if u live in a city all of your life the quite is brilliant ,I've become a tree hugger atb pete