Relaoding manual

HI All

Earlier in the year I bought a complete reloading set up from a chap who was giving it up.

The only thing I am missing is a reloading manual. Which one would you recommend? The press is an RCBS and I was looking at the Speer manual.

I will be relaoding .243win and .223rem and loading for accuracy over approx 100-300 yards. The dies I have are RCBS for the .243 and Lee for the .223. If I go for the Speer, will the load data relate only to Speer bullets rather than Hornaday etc? I have downloaded the Hornaday load data already.

Any advice would be most welcome.

ATB

Jamie

I will be relaoding .243win and .223rem and loading for accuracy over approx 100-300 yards. The dies I have are RCBS for the .243 and Lee for the .223. If I go for the Speer, will the load data relate only to Speer bullets rather than Hornaday etc? I have downloaded the Hornaday load data already.

ok simple answer is yes it only covers speer bullets as just checked my copy. However it isn't a big deal as if you use it to get the general idea of reloading then you can work out what bullet and weight you will use and powder etc and then look about for a guide to what to use. Personally I have both those calibers and use Varget on both, works well and saves messing about. both I seem to get very good results on with sierra bullets in the .223 and a mix of sierra and hornady in .243 most of the powder manufacturers stick a guide up online you can look at. The thing with a manual is you won't actually read that much of it I know mine the basics of reloading takes up a small part then there is a section for most calibers under the sun and you only need two of them. The fundamentals are simple but do get confused by some and people get talked into going too complicated too fast you really need to know what length you want to make the bullets and a reasonable charge and you can then start, even keeping things basic you can get pretty good results

Many thanks.

Just really looking for an a,b,c of realoading, what to and what not to do.

If there are any suggestions for other, more suitable, titles I would be interested.

Jamie

Tiger - you have just answered your question - Get the ABC of Reloading, its around the £16 mark. It is not affiliated to any particular brand of bullet.

Also, on U Tube look up reloading under the name of Ammosmith - he is about the only guy who produces vids that are 100% reliable and easy to follow.

Peter

ABC of reloading is money well spent if you're just starting. Speers manual is not all that much good in my opinion (specific to speers bullets), my Bible is the Lyman, it's a bit more general.... but once you've got yourself sorted you'll only occasionally look at the same one or two pages. I've got about a foot and a half of books on reloading on my shelf,..... read them all when I started ..... haven't looked at them since.

One thing that puzzles me is that if you look up the same callibre and bullet weight in all the books, they all quote different values :hmm: