Walk-up and shoot on Saturday or Sunday near East London ?

Anonymouslemming

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a ground where I can turn up and shoot on either Saturday or Sunday (or both) this weekend? I live in East London near Canary Wharf and I'm trying to find somewhere within 45 minutes to 1 hour from here

Essex Shooting ground is only open on alternate saturdays and I can't make it to there today.

White Bear requires that you know someone at the club. The Fennes is a little far.

Is there anywhere else around here that I can walk up and shoot without needing a lesson at that ground first? I'm trying to keep my lessons in one place for consistency in instruction.

Thanks,

Don't know if there are any closer to you, but A1 shooting ground should be within that sort of distance.

If you're going to go alone, put up another post in "Meets and Events" section and see if anyone else will come down from the forum....

Good luck

Cos

Thanks all - I'm heading off to A1 tomorrow. I phoned them up and everything is in good order for a visit :) My wife will be coming along with me, but I'll be the new bloke looking lost - I shall definitely ask for Terry :)

White Bear requires you know someone..really.?

That's what it implies on the website - http://www.shot-your-trap.co.uk/7.html

Applications for club membership must be sponsored by at least one club member.

New shooters will be required to serve a probationary period of three months before club membership is processed.

I dropped them a mail with my phone number as advised, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

I've been shooting there for 18 months and I'm not a 'member'. I don't think they have such a thing to be honest.

cut and pasted from the page you linked to....

Simply come along - remember to bring your shotgun certificate and we will introduce you to the ground and additional formalities.

Come along if you fancy it, I'll be there Sunday from 9.30 ish I imagine, PM me if you wish. :)

hi matey

if you dont mind going across the dartford crossing to the dark side there is jj's or i shoot at hawleys which is about 15mins after the crossing

I've avoided crossing the river since they raised the rate, but I do plan to visit sometime. I actually have family that I have to visit near there from time to time. I need to do more research on what my options are for going so where then shooting or the other way around. At the moment, it's home -> ground -> home :)

Dartford Clay Ground, Down the A13 and over The QE2. Very nice club and not very expensive. They have Compact,skeet,DTL and sporting. Good luck

Werner, Wayne and his wife are one of yours! South African.

A really nice couple.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

they stopped the membership when glen took over the shoot, tbirdx and me asked today

Ok, I can confirm the White Bear has no membership requirements. Just turn, pay your cash and shoot.

Thanks to both of you for asking ! I'll definitely be down next time they're open then - I'll post a message in meets in case either of you around so that I can buy you a tea / coffee - least I can do for all your help :)