diy pigeon floater decoys?

Mr Rizzini

I would love to make myself a couple of the chris green type floater decoys and would like to know your thoughts on what material to use to make the birds as the rest is simple enough I think, Also what would you use to paint them.

My thoughts for dry weather shooting was cardboard painted with poster paints?

Hi mate just out of interest I use hyper flap pigeons on some specific poles from pigeon decoys. They are called terminator rods and have ball bearings in the bottom to swivel and go up and down. Plus the wings of the hypers flap obviously! I have found them deadly literally. I appreciate it may be novelty/cost for you but just thought I would let you know. Good luck with your project.

That vid is my first attempt a few years ago. Quite impressive I know. I made loads after that. Most of them sold to people on here.

I even improved the design making it more adjustable and with an internal pivoting system.

I don't make them anymore but I still have most of the bits to construct them.

They were called 'the Nemesis'. Some on here may still be using them.

PM me if you are interested and I will help all I can.

GH

All I will say is, you get what you pay for!

GH

was is the difference between these and any other mate, I thought they all used the flocked full bodies and foam wings etc. I know the rod may be slighty different but surely they should still move good as the design looks very simialr to the chris green one's

It's like driving a banger against a Jag. The banger will get you there(possibly) but it's better in the Jag!

On the other hand you could always support the British economy and not the Chinese!

GH

What do you reckon is the biggest difference regarding quality between the chris green at £46 + £15 postage and the ebay £19.95 free postage as far as I can see the pigeons and wings probally come from china anyhow. I just don't want to be robbed by a really expensive foam decoy when the ebay version is just as close.

I'll start supporting the british economy when its stops giving away the working man/woman's hard earned cash to half the population who claims benefits and DLA and have no intentions of working!

I kind of agree with you on the economy thing but if we all thought like that do you not think the country will go pop even quicker?

That last example, unless they have changed the way they fix the rod in has a tendency to flip upside down and becoming an excellent pigeon scarer.

Have a look at Hawheye's. He makes them like CG but with the flocked bodies. Everyone says they are good and cheaper!!

GH

I kind of agree with you on the economy thing but if we all thought like that do you not think the country will go pop even quicker?

That last example, unless they have changed the way they fix the rod in has a tendency to flip upside down and becoming an excellent pigeon scarer.

Have a look at Hawheye's. He makes them like CG but with the flocked bodies. Everyone says they are good and cheaper!!

GH

cheers buddy, I have bought so much pigeon stuff and I might as well thrown my money in the fire so I dont wanna waste anymore money which is unlikely in this game.