camera question

Paddy Galore!

Hi gents, my youngest is going to the TT next year and needs a camera, we've had a look at a few bridge cameras but they don't seem very good for sporting pictures. I have an old EOS 5 kit and i was wondering, does anyone know if the older canon lenses from an EOS will fit the newer DSLR bodies?

cheers,

gram.

hello gram yes all eos regardless fit each other if there older for eos 35 mm film it doesn,t matter eos fits all eos cameras,another hobby of mine is photography i do trains,planes an also go an take pics at aintree mc racing,i use an eos 550 an my back up is my older eos400,useing tamron 18-270mm on one an 28-300mm on the spare one,hope this helps u make up your mind.regards john.

He could get some nice results with the eos 5 body and some decent Kodak color film as well if he fancies a play.

hi mate, i did offer but the only problem is she's never used a manual 35mm camera before, also she won't get to see the results until after the film's developed. i remember the last time i used it, i got some nice shots of some friends on a track day at snetterton, 6 frames per second comes in really handy when they're moving so quick but it's expensive on film and developing now, at least with digital prints she can discard the ones she doesn't want instantly, just as an aside, what would you chaps reccomend for a dslr body?

Lenses won't fit but I have a Nikon D80 that I have used at Donnington for the GP and Superbikes and have been very happy with the results.

Its a bit old now so sure you could pick up a package on the bay fairly cheap.

If not and it can be collected I would be happy to lend them mine for the trip so long as it came back intact as I don't use it that much anymore.

Lenses won't fit but I have a Nikon D80 that I have used at Donnington for the GP and Superbikes and have been very happy with the results.

Its a bit old now so sure you could pick up a package on the bay fairly cheap.

If not and it can be collected I would be happy to lend them mine for the trip so long as it came back intact as I don't use it that much anymore.

mate that's a really nice offer but she's a clumsy mare, i wouldn't lend it to her :lol:

Just been through this task Graham, these were two that I narrowed down for my price range

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/canon-eos-1100d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55-mm-75-300-mm-zoom-lens-11099693-pdt.html?intcmpid=display~RR~Cameras~11099693

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/nikon-d3200-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55-mm-vr-zoom-lens-plus-free-wireless-remote-and-battery-20058361-pdt.html#longDesc

There wasnt a lot between them but obviuosly you would be more interested in the cannon.

Lenses after '87 should fit as far as my research told me (never tried it).

PS we went for the Nikon as it seemed to have the edge, just.

Well it would save the cost of buying one. Offer is there if you want.

Has a 50mm lens and a 70-200 zoom

thanks fella :good:

just an update for you all, firstly thanks for all the help and advice, i went into town today and saw a nice canon 350d body going cheap so now it's got my name on it. While browsing ebay i seem to have acquired a nikon F4 going for peanuts, does the same rule apply for nikon lenses as canon lenses? :lol: The eos 5 is still working, but the coating on the hand grip has gone all sticky so i might just chop that in for the digital one, hi Holly, i can only dream of a 500D mate, cheapest i found one for is 500squid 2nd hand, and i'm not flush at the moment :lol: