S410 diving bottles

dazzyboi

If im looking to get an S410, what else would i need apart from the gun, the scope, the scope mounts

How would i fill it?? From what iv read i can either buy a stirrup pump, or a diving bottle, if i get a diving bottle, would i need any attachment and how much does it usually cost to fill it?? Do i have to get a specific type of diving bottle or will any do?? Do i need any attachments for it?

I really didnt mean any offence by that reply i gave you, it really was the best advice i could give you, at a club there will be at least one s400 there that you can look at and there will be lots of charging equipment you can see as well.

The charging equipemtn realy depends on how much you want to carry around and how much you want to shoot.

A buddy bottle charger will give a couple fo fields charges or a 15Ltr 300 bar will probably last you a year.

How much do you want to spend ? how much do you want to shoot? do you have a dive centre near yuou that can refill it? do you use public transport? will you be using different cars?do you want to use a pump?

This is why i sugested you find a club as in a few mins chatting people will know your situation and be able to advise you on local retailers willing to fill your equipment up not to mention normaly find people with second hand rifles/fill equipment for sale.

So wheh i say find a club it really is the best advice to someone going from spring to PCP, not only for the above rasons but it gives you some where to practice! and you get to see variouse other rifles being used!

ROB :good:

ps effective range of any pcp rifle is exactly the same as the effective range of a spring rifle, they are both around the 12F/lbs mark 1flbs will not make any noticable difference to a rifle.

All good advice, I'd just like to point out that joining a club isnt totally essential, although it is very useful. I go hunting/shooting quite often, I have both springer/pcp rifles and I get on fine without a club, but Im considering joining one when I get more free time. I just find shooting paper targets/knock down targets can get a bit boring and I prefer building hides and stalking quarry in fields/woodland areas :D, but each to their own :D

-Andrew

Thats the gun i have decided to go for as well. will be ordering it this week. My friend has a dive shop and he can do a 10ltr bottle and the guage/attatchment for around £195. He fills the bottles for £3 so it shouldnt be much more in other dive shops.

A 10ltr bottle should give you around 8 to 10 fills on the s410 which is about 600/700 shots.

Where are you buying your gun and how much did you get it for?I have been quoted £499 and managed to get double scope mounts and a rose wood cap thrown in with the combination kit.

Hope this helps

How would i fill it?? From what iv read i can either buy a stirrup pump, or a diving bottle, if i get a diving bottle, would i need any attachment and how much does it usually cost to fill it?? Do i have to get a specific type of diving bottle or will any do?? Do i need any attachments for it?

Hi Dazz, if you are hunting, a silencer is a must, the standard muzzle brake gives a lovely loud crack. Look at the AA silencer, straight fit, or Weirauch with an adaptor.

A pump is hard work, so get a bottle if you can afford it, and depending on the age of the 410, the correct quick filler.

Try a few different pellets through it, but AA fields, JSB exacts, or Daystate in size 4.52 will probably be best.

Regards,

Ian.