Armsan A612 or Weatherby SA08??

lewis2012

Hi all looking to get a 12g semi for shooting out of the hide and a bit of rough shooting. I am kind of drawn to the weatherby SA08 as it has been reviewed as a reliable work horse not the best looking gun unless you want to pay the extra £150 for a cammo finish but does what it says on the box. But I also quite like the look of the armsan A612! I know red but i like different lol. I have a budget of around £550 and money is tight this time of year so dont wanna end up buying something rubbish.

Anyone owned or have experience with any of these?

Thanks ll

Lewis

ive only heard good reviews from the armsan, seen one review on youtube about the weatherby which said it was a good gun for the money, also if you could find a second hand sx3 well worth it as ive heard very good reviews on them, also have you looked second hand beretta 303 or something along those lines?

I Bought an Armsan 620s earlier in the year as had a few slabs of 20 bore cartridges to use up. Cost me £365 new, a Bargin!

Straight out the box it was a bit tight and a bit jammy but after 50 or so shots and a good lube its been fine ever since. So much so, had to get

More cartidges as now use it as my main decoying gun. Ive put about 3000 thru it and it cycles everytime. Its nice and grippy with the synthetic stock,

and is very light. Great gun.

Regards

PP

I had a red and black one 612s sporting and if it wasn't for the strange manufacturing fault I would still have

it although the barrel was 30" and the choke added another inch so it was a long un.

I put a few hundred shells through it and did well with it just normal clay shooting, nice to shoot.

People assumed it was a Winchester.

It was almost new in the box (cardboard) with all the bits for £350

Sadly it had a gas leak where it shouldn't have :sad1:

Edited by defender