Reece

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another to the HMR

Well that is the 600 mark. Seems a bit slower this year, but still plenty about.

I think Reece has been slacking. :lol::/

Not been slacking, I've been trying to catch more and for two months I failed. There don't seem to be many around on my patch. I sprung the traps for a week after I stopped catching, then set them for a week, then spring them for a week because I caught nothing, etc.

But my two month dry spell has finally ended today. Just got one in a cage trap. Now in the freezer so I can send them to that bloke wanting them for taxidermy. Assuming, of course, that he still needs them when I finally manage to get a few together.

Not been slacking, I've been trying to catch more and for two months I failed. There don't seem to be many around on my patch. I sprung the traps for a week after I stopped catching, then set them for a week, then spring them for a week because I caught nothing, etc.

But my two month dry spell has finally ended today. Just got one in a cage trap. Now in the freezer so I can send them to that bloke wanting them for taxidermy. Assuming, of course, that he still needs them when I finally manage to get a few together.

Well done Mate.

I know when you concentrate on one patch you can clear them out and it takes until the next dispersal of young before fresh ones appear, looking for new space. Maybe you could find a neighbouring keeper who would like a hand with vermin control, you certainly have the knack. :good:

Btw I sent that guy three and they arrived still frozen!! He says he can take more. At the moment I'm working an area where I haven't a freezer so I'm using them as fox bait, if the buzzards don't get them first. Either way they're recycled. :lol:

Hi. I am new to the site although had a look in a few times, not really a hunter as such, only Grey squirrels with a view to protecting what is left of the Red Squirrel population, just thought I would add my 2013 total to the Tally, which is 189 shot and trapped since January.

Regards

It would help if I added the total I suppose, also like to add if anyone is in North Cumbria area and has time for a bit of Grey control let me know, trapping is the most effective but there is opportunity to shoot when the opportunity presents itself, about 30% of my total have been shot.

Regards