Squeeking/Muntjac Buck

the pelt man

No shooting but just a quick clip of a Muntjac Buck coming into the call.

Sorry about the picture quality footage is from a digital camara which you can't zoom.

The Buck looks a long way away but in matter a fact come s to within 10-15 yards.

If you have sound on max will hear the Buck Bark at the end. Clip is about 1 min

http://media.putfile.com/CALLING-IN-MUNTJAC

PELTMAN ???

Wow, that's pretty good going. was there a reason for not shooting it other than you were filming the fact you were calling it in. (note - not a criticism, just a query).

We have plenty of Munties round our way, you can't drive down a lane without either nearly clipping one or finding it dead at the side of the road. Bloody evil things when I've been walking with the dog through some woods near me, twice the damn thing tried to have ago at me and the dog. Big stick thrown at it, made it think whilst we retreated. back the way we came. Could this be because of young nearby???

What sort of call did you use as we have some that regularly come past my garden on the back field and it would be nice to call them in close for my daughter to see at close range?

Is there a particular time of year this works better than others?

Wow, that's pretty good going. was there a reason for not shooting it other than you were filming the fact you were calling it in. (note - not a criticism, just a query).

We have plenty of Munties round our way, you can't drive down a lane without either nearly clipping one or finding it dead at the side of the road. Bloody evil things when I've been walking with the dog through some woods near me, twice the damn thing tried to have ago at me and the dog. Big stick thrown at it, made it think whilst we retreated. back the way we came. Could this be because of young nearby???

What sort of call did you use as we have some that regularly come past my garden on the back field and it would be nice to call them in close for my daughter to see at close range?

Is there a particular time of year this works better than others?

Hi SS

Even though they breed all year, spring & summer are the best as they feel a lot safer with deep cover close by & easy to move around unseen. Because they do breed all year it is still *** to call them in during the winter but a lot harder on very cold, wet or windy days. through the winter pick one of those sunny mornings when the steam is rising of the fields. It dose make them easyer to spot with the sun low as they move through the undergrowth, with long shadows any movement is amplified. I use the Buttolo call. I didn't have the Rifle as the frezzer was full, but still like to get out & watch. I was going to film a shoot this weekend just gone but it was to wet. See how it goes this weekend. I will film a stalk/cull & post it ASAP.

Even though dogs do kill Muntjac Bucks can cause some nasty injury's with there Tusks to the dog or yourself.

Good luck with your calling let us know how you get on.

PELTMAN :(