Whining

brooksieledgend

I have a 4 year old springer who has started whining nothing serious but gets on my nerves when were out shooting. He doesn't make a noise in doors or on walks however once he see a shot bird he starts to sqeak and whine I have taken him out and thrown dummies and game all around him he dosent make a noise but as soon as we're out shooting and the gun go off and he sees the fallen bird he whines I have been out shot birds and picked up myself and give him the odd retrieve when he's quiet which seems to work but don't know how to correct this completely any suggestion would be helpful thanks

carry a water bottle with you and a quick squirt may do the trick but sometimes you are stuck with it. Mine does it occasionally while waiting to go beating its pure excitement and nothing stops her. Never does it the rest of the time and in any other form of shooting, sits under a high seat never a murmur its just driven shooting does it

I have a 4 year old springer who has started whining nothing serious but gets on my nerves when were out shooting. He doesn't make a noise in doors or on walks however once he see a shot bird he starts to sqeak and whine I have taken him out and thrown dummies and game all around him he dosent make a noise but as soon as we're out shooting and the gun go off and he sees the fallen bird he whines I have been out shot birds and picked up myself and give him the odd retrieve when he's quiet which seems to work but don't know how to correct this completely any suggestion would be helpful thanks

You are already doing what I would do, if it makes a noise don't give it the retrieve.

al4x idea may well help to.