177 bsa ultra

Liam-1990

it shouldn't do. but check! Manufacturers generally give you enough of a buffer zone below that magic figure of 12ft/lb so that the pellet choice shouldn't make a difference to the gun's legal status. Which pellet are you thinking of using? I had a AA S510 for a long time, which was unregulated but even with heavy pellets never pushed even to 11.8. Better safe than sorry though, get a sample of the pellets you're thinking of using and get it run over the old chrono with them. DON'T take it to an RFD if you don't have a chrono yourself; if it's over 12 they're legally required to take the gun from you. It's highly unlikely your ultra will push over 11.8 with heavies though!

It's not really pellet weight that will make the difference but pellet fit. My rifle shot bis mags at 10.8 but AA fields at 11.3. Heavy pellets will retain more energy down range but you will get a more loopy trajectory. If you can try to borrow (or buy) a chrono then you will know for sure but I'd be surprised if it was over the limit.

i was thinking of using bisley magnums just to add abit more punch to the tiny pellets. thanks for the advice.

cracking pellet. that's all I use. They worked well in my S510 and now in my Mk4. no complaints of them yet! They are a bit more loopy than normal weight pellets, but nothing really to worry about, and still not as bad as a .22

Ive been checking the power on both my supertens last couple of days with the chronograph, and the best results come from bisley magnums :good:

Yeah in a pcp you will always get higher readings with a heavier pellet. Then the opposite way round for springers....but its not what pellet makes 11.9 in your rifle its the one thats the most accurate to the furthest distance