Woodies everywhere!!!

farmer

Had a walk around yesterday afternoon to top a few feeders up around the hedges of some of my permission where the pheasants tend to wander to and become good sport later in the season. Anyway it was around 3pm nearly finished and walked into a field of freshly drilled wheat :) It was blue with em but I was a good 20 minutes walk from my truck then another 40 minutes to get home collect all my gear and return so I just accepted defeat :) Ah well you cant win em all but it don't half p**s you off when you miss out through no fault but your own :lol:

Hey there Farmer (I sincerely hope you 'aint a farmer)

It will be the same senario all over the country at the minute - pigeons now hoovering up on any late drilled wheat, getting fatter and be gone in a day or two. Only the pigeon guides clients will be benefitting.

But generally most farmers can't be bothered to make the call :-

" Hello Brian, farmer here, I will be drilling wheat in the next couple of days please keep an eye on the 'forty acre' and knoble a few crows for me while your at it......."

With this knowledge old Brian could shoot far more pigeons in one day than he will ever manage to shoot over oilseed rape during November through to February!!

So If you are viewing this post Mr. Farmer please take heed and remember we don't all have unlimited reccy days like pigeon guides do.

Give us some help, please make the call this week, next week or next autumn, even next spring because if us pigeon shooters can get onto the drillings it will mean less pigeons to come onto your precious oilseed in the winter!!!!!!!!

Cheers, C.B. :~{