4x4 question

djgeoff

thanks for ur input i am due to take back to where i bought in an hours time to get it all checked out ( for free i hope) chap there thinks it may have something to do with vacuum pipe, but as in my first post light does come on but flashes for about 10-15secs then solid green, but the front wheels were not driving.

thanks

ok had it checked over, i watched two chaps give a going over they got it up on ramp did visual, then one chap operated 4x4 gear selector while other chap checked movement of actuator shaft,he also looked around hub area then moved on the transfer box where he found a rubber mounting had failed but said ' this would not have any effect on selection of 4 wheel drive. ( he gave me replacement on the sligh).

he then jacked up rear of car from diff area and chap in cab very gently selected 4 wheel high and gently let clutch pedal up, then did the same in 4low..... everything seemed ok it was working.

so just to confirm took myself and car ( him driving) to bit of level but boggy ground stuck it in 2 high and slung the car about.... back of car stepped out every time, stuck it in 4 high slung it around again, this time no stepping out and the same result in 4 low.

he then from standing start put it in 2high and spun the rears to get them to bury a bit in ground to the point where car would not pull its way out, then stuck it in 4low and pulled out no probs... so it must be working but it still left me wondering why did it not pull me out at the week end and front wheels were not turning.

my mate who was doing all the inspection from underneath said' we may have an intermittent solenoid problem, if you find the car does it again let me know and we will change them'.

so that's it for now, but makes feel reluctant to take it on field then get stuck again, but if that's the only way then have to do it.

well they spotted the rubber mounting which i did not know about and i have mot coming up ( don't know if this item is mot failure), either way it needs doing.

once again thanks to all, for your help and tips,

when you get another car it takes a while to find the bits and bobs that play up and what they are called,

but PW seems to better than any manuals