Things looking up after the snow.

Ears

Hello all.

Would certainly say that the weather and the snow slowed up me up, making reasonable bags of pigeons.

Everyone on here has been hopeing for better times and more windy days,as january has been difficult for some.

On saturday 2nd Feb I had a Pretty good day, very enjoyable, in the Kingsclere area of Berkshire. I went to shoot on some rape fields that i have had my eye on. i have been unable to shoot these fields until now due to the game season.

There were 4 fields of rape in this block and quite alot of acres to boot. So i places some stratigic rope bangers and set up in a hedge to with some sitty trees close, to try my luck, yet again. Started with 16 flocked shells and a rotarty added when the first birds were shot. About 9am i was set up and had already pushed a few hundred off when i got there. By 13.45 hrs it had dried up so packing up and picking up was the next step. total bag 152 and 1 rook. Good breeze certainly helped,and sunny it was to. Weighed in at the game dealer on the way home and collected £30.00. What more could i have asked for,Another really enjoyable day,in controling the vermin and watching the wildlife. I loved it, and as the month before i had tried so hard with not alot of reward,i was certainly pleased too. More windy days requested. Things looking up after the snow.

Edited by Ears