.17HMR Moderators

fieldmaster

Finally purchased my CZ455 in .17hmr. The guys at the local shop, Did a great job in helping me select a silencer. We tried the SAK and Hogan, standing approx 30 yards from the rifle being shot, the chap firing the rifle agreed the Hogan had substantially better sound deadening qualities over the SAK. Both Hogan and SAK are approx £58.00 proofed, but the difference in sound suppression goes to the Hogan... The Hogan moderator is bigger than the SAK therefore the additional volume will help, also the Hogan unit has wadding packed inside the silencer (the SAK does not).

Was the Hogan proofed for .17HMR?

One I had some years ago now also sounded good, and I was assured it was fine on a HMR, but the acoustic wadding soon started to blow out and foul the shot path, not good or clever, went back for a full refund, never again wadding on BULLETS for me!

Perhaps something has changed, but be careful!

Edited by Dekers

Was the Hogan proofed for .17HMR?

One I had some years ago now also sounded good, and I was assured it was fine on a HMR, but the acoustic wadding soon started to blow out and fowl the shot path, not good or clever, went back for a full refund, never again wadding on BULLETS for me!

Perhaps something has changed, but be careful!

Interesting to hear about the wadding, I will keep note, and check it over each time I shoot...