Cameron & Businessmen's trip to India

Salopian

Is it me? Have I really lost the plot?

Here we are in a triple dip recession and our PM swans off to India with 100 leading Business men.

Does it take a genius to realise that whilst the business men are eating onion baji's they are not managing their businesses .

There time would have been better spent and their money hosting a trade exhibition at the NEC Birmingham that way they could have gone for a Curry in Smallbrook or Smethwick and spoken direct to the Leaders of the Indian & Pakistan Industry.

think he said there would be no limits on students from india

Yep...he did

Great init....no jobs over here...but hey what the hell, lets educate all the foreigners so they can go back home and compete with us in what ever industry they chose.....smart thinking......not.

and how many of them !Students" are gonna keep within the limits of their Visas.

or am i being too cynical?

Yes it's you. The most populated nation on earth, with a rapidly growing middle class, with increasing spending power. With historic links to this country, which we can leverage. It's called gaining new business, without which there is no growth. In my experience you have to seek out new business not wait for it to come looking for you at the NEC, where the leaders of business in India (and Pakistan) will not be. apart from that I agree with the rest.

Boogie,

The capital of India and Pakistan is Smethwick, go there and look.

The British fastener industry ( nuts, bolts, screws and washers) used to be the West Midlands, GKN Heath Street Smethwick and Darlaston. All the machinery was sold to an Indian businessman and many people lost their jobs. Now India is the centre of the World Steel Industry, manufacturing nuts and bolts on machinery which we practically gave away. Is it good quality? No it is junk, but it is all we can buy now.

Is it me? Have I really lost the plot?

Here we are in a triple dip recession and our PM swans off to India with 100 leading Business men.

Does it take a genius to realise that whilst the business men are eating onion baji's they are not managing their businesses .

There time would have been better spent and their money hosting a trade exhibition at the NEC Birmingham that way they could have gone for a Curry in Smallbrook or Smethwick and spoken direct to the Leaders of the Indian & Pakistan Industry.

Salopian.

Too late to sell them .... Nuclear Submarines ...Russia has already sold them four ...... Fighter Jets ...Looks like we have missed out on that to France. Indian students in their thousands have stopped coming here. ... Tell you what Dave slap a bedroom tax on Council houses shuffle people around ....reduce the indians University fees .... Now we have plenty of accommodation .... Come on over Boys and Girls. ...Just don't ask about the empty rooms in that other council house Buckingham Palace thats not in the equation.

Yes it's you. The most populated nation on earth, with a rapidly growing middle class, with increasing spending power. With historic links to this country, which we can leverage. It's called gaining new business, without which there is no growth. In my experience you have to seek out new business not wait for it to come looking for you at the NEC, where the leaders of business in India (and Pakistan) will not be. apart from that I agree with the rest.

Well said boogie!! Common business sense.

Boris Johnson said in a speech a couple of months a go about the indian market. It is an up and coming economy, there is no reason why Britain, the world leader in most industries, can not fill the market (the indian market) with our expertise and engineering. He is absolutely right!

100 business men going out and looking for new contracts, not just sat at the NEC waiting for people to come to them. With the right marketing has the potential to secure 100s if not 1,000s of jobs now and in the future. Companies such as bombardier, need new markets and contracts. The benefits are endless. As demonstrated above by krugerandsmith. If we dont fill the market.... Someone else will.

I honestly don't believe some of you lot.

Lord Digby Jones who used to be head of the Chamber of Commerce in Birmingham and head of the CBI ( a total fat knob) recommended and sold off the British Car industry to China & India so we made him a Lord, he said Britain was finished as a manufacturing country and our future lay in supplying technology and commerce at that time.

Now he says Britain's future is in manufacturing and we should encourage hand skills and take on more apprentices.

Sounds like he plays to the Piper's tune.

What are these Businessmen going to sell? Land Rover? Ford? Vauxhall? Aston Martin ? Cadbury's? Terry's? GKN? British Aerospace? NCB? British Rail?