Revo or Hatsan Pump Action?

jweaver

I want a tactical Pump action.. Its not going to get much use, so quality isn't all that important.

I already have an Hatsan Escore Semi and am really happy with it, so the Tactical Pump looks ideal.

But when I went to get a quote from my FD they told me to avoid the pump at all costs.. And they tryed to convinced me to buy something better.. But in truth, they completely missed the point. I just wanted something cheap. They got me a quote for the Hatsan anyway and it was £410 but still kept reminding me that it wasn't a good purchase...

Finally as I was giving up, they pointed me to the Revo they were selling for £275.

To be honest, this looked ideal.. Cheaper than the Hatsan.. And considering that I dont' really care about quality, it looked just the job.. But they are out of stock until the end of next Month (March 2013)...

Last night I met a RFD who disagreed with the comments abotu the Hastan. He said that it would be perfect for my needs.

So my question is whether anyone has compared the Hatsan to the Revo, and whether the Hastan is worth the extra £140 over the Revo? To be honest, at £275 the Revo looks too good to be true.. But since its only ever going to be fired occasionally, I can't see it being an issue and its the logical choice.

Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Jon

From what I have seen the current Revo is what the hatsan used to be with all the bugs etc, the current hatsans are good and the build quality seems better from reviews. Basically when you spend more on the hatsan in essence it's a revo with the bugs worked out, also hatsans are a 3 year warranty, not sure about Revo

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

From what I have seen the current Revo is what the hatsan used to be with all the bugs etc, the current hatsans are good and the build quality seems better from reviews. Basically when you spend more on the hatsan in essence it's a revo with the bugs worked out, also hatsans are a 3 year warranty, not sure about Revo

Revo are 12 month warranty.

Not used one, but that is a hell of a price

Thanks all.. Decided that its worth the extra £140 to get the bugs ironed out, so rang my local deal and told them that I had a £400 budget, so could they get me the Hatsan pump and they rang back and said yes.. So I have a Hatsan on the way.. And am going to forget all about the Revo .

And it was only an extra £125 which I think is worth it...

Cheers all.. Glad I asked now :)

Edited by jweaver

I have the hatsan marine pump and my dad has the hatsan mp tactical pump and both shoot well with no problems, the sights take a bit of getting used to on the tactical but other than that its built like a tank

Good to hear.. As long as its got a solid action (unlike my Mossberg which was loose and wobbly) I will be happy.

I have already bought a red dot sight that I am I putting on the rail, so it will be interesting to see how that works.....

CHeers

Jon

I've been using a hatsan pump for practical shooting for about 4 years. It's never gone wrong.

I do have mates with hatsan semi and they have gone wrong a lot.

Iv even shot skeet with it.

the action is so fast people think your using a semi auto.

Trust me you can get a second hand pump for £250.

It really is the best pump for the money.

Good luck.