Foxing from a Tractor

OK a bit random I know,

however just lashed out a weadge on the new 2013 Isuzu Yukon and I am thinking its a bit nice to trash sorting out other peoples rabbits and Foxes.

Sooooooo I have a Case 685 2 wheel drive tractor with cab fitted with 5ft Flemming a link box and my brain started telling me to build a shooting platform in this to take advantage of not getting stuck, fitting the tram lines in the fields, running on red squirt and charlie being used to seeing them running around. So my question is any reasons why not and is anyone else doing it?

I'd be bothered about the land compaction if it was on out land. You'd only be able to go out when it's v dry underneath or frozen hard. So much easier just to run where ever you want on the quad. Depends if the farmer is bothered about the above though? The little ****** do come close to the tractors though!!

Henry

The problem as said is only being able to go when its very dry or frozen as otherwise you will start leaving good depth wheelings in the tramlines, as you will notice sprayers are about all that use them in winter/spring and they usually have flotation tyres on. In theory that aside you could do it but far from ideal obviously the quad is the best option second which is a little bit of a curve ball is get a cheap diesel 4x4 that you can convert as you like then register it as a tractor / agricultural vehicle and hey presto you can run it on red, road tax is free and no MOT but you are restricted to the road miles you do as you are with a tractor on red.

Many years ago the farmer where I shot rabbits used to take me out lampng on his tractor, (till i got my4x4) I would sit on the bonnet and hook my legs under the headlights and shoot rabbits with the shotgun, my son was in the linkbox and would pick up the rabbits.

Things used to get "interesting" when Reynard was spotted, (sheep farmer), as he then became Michael Schumacher

Very productive though

Never used a tractor as a lamping vehicle but have parked up in one and shot from the sunroof like you said they are used to seeing them and used to the noise as well but can't beat a quad or utv

i have a quad and found it no good for foxing........ you cant sneak up and all my fields tend to be small with headges you cant see over so you need height to be in one and look over a few... the new truck was a lot of money and i dont fancy sticking it in a ditch when i have a tractor and quad available. My thoughts so far are a platform in the link box, charlie is used to tractors they have been known to follow the muck spreader. I have tracks to use so not a lot of need for use of tramlines.... i do fancy the height i could get that and running on red diesel :good: