Burghley Game & Country Show

onefulham

We are away in our caravan in Peterborough at the Ferry Meadows site when this Fair is on, it's only just a few miles up the A1 from us.

I wonder if anyone has been and whether its worth bothering going ? It is on a Sunday-Monday which is a pain as we arrive Fri and leave on the Monday but could maybe talk the family to go if its not raining on the Sunday, which it will do as always seems to rain when we have gone away in the caravan recently !

We are away in our caravan in Peterborough at the Ferry Meadows site when this Fair is on, it's only just a few miles up the A1 from us.

I wonder if anyone has been and whether its worth bothering going ? It is on a Sunday-Monday which is a pain as we arrive Fri and leave on the Monday but could maybe talk the family to go if its not raining on the Sunday, which it will do as always seems to rain when we have gone away in the caravan recently !

when is it on as we are away at ferry meadows in our van soon

colin

I live in Wittering so just down the road from Stamford. Two friends and I went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. This year we are planning to go again and possibly shoot the clay comp only thing is the Girlfriend wants to come for the horse side of things! As well as all aspects of shooting there are fishing stands and some great food stalls. As long as its dry it is a lovely day and I would recommend you go. On the Sunday you often get good deals on all of the equipment as the sellers dont want to take it home, for instance I got a £80 Storm Jacket for £30, shame I out grew it!

Its a good day out if you do decide to go!

Hope this helps

HM

It's on Sunday 26th of May and Monday 27th.

We hope to go on the Sunday if the weather is good. We leave on the Monday and I want to get home in time to watch the Mighty White's stuff QPhahaha on Sky in 3D on my new smart tv, when I say smart it's brilliant, 46'' of pure pleasure !

Edited by onefulham

Its usually a very good day out, Just big enough for a day out and you can afford the time to sit and watch some of the events in the rings etc. I will be going for sure as its close to where I live.

PS Ferry Meadows is a good site just in case you have not been before.

Thanks, been to Ferry Meadows a few times, only about 40 miles odd from home , nice site and love the park , great for dog walking, kept nice with lots of interesting things, love the steam trains that pass, we would reckoned this site to anyone with a caravan, motorhome or trailer tent, I think it is one of the few sites that allow tents as well.