DIY NIGHTVISION

Davyo

Anybody used as digital camera (without the IR filter removed) for night vision.I have already totally ruined one digital camera i had spare trying to get at the filter(should of tried it out with the IR illuminator before taking it to bits)Also i want to ask a big favour, if anyone has a IR illuminator & a digital camera, can you tell me if you can see ok without having to remove the filter?

Altready have Pulsar 550 (on rimmy) but wanting to make a diy kit for the fac air.

(sorry i do have another digi camera but the wife has hidden it because i already broke one)

Edited by Davyo

The ir filter is there to remove as much ir light as possible so you can't use a normal camera with it still in. It is difficult to remove it without ruining a camera so if I was you I would get an old Sony camcorder with night shot (0 lux) and use that. I got mine on the auction site for a tenner as it no longer recorded, and it works very well. The shooting position is not great but I use sticks to make it easier.

i,m just in the middle of building my own, i am recording all the different stages,i will put the end product on here to show all.

i was looking at the ns200 and the 550 but i really couldn,t justify the cost, the biggest problem i have had is finding the right camera to do the job properly which i have now found so just waiting for it to be delivered.

so far all the signs are very promising,

i have already built a daytime one which works very well upto 200 yrds, will prob go further with a decent scope but all i have tested it to is 200 and its perfect, total cost of my daytime one was £70 and thats only cos i paid £60 for the camera new

i,ve since bought two more of these camera,s for £15 second hand and am now making the attachments up for my buddies 17 hmr, i,ve been using a cheap scope but the quality through his is amazing,

anyway sorry to hog the thread but good luck finding a camera but the old sony camcorder is sound, made a fitting for one of the lads on here and he is impressed by the night view

i,m just in the middle of building my own, i am recording all the different stages,i will put the end product on here to show all.

i was looking at the ns200 and the 550 but i really couldn,t justify the cost, the biggest problem i have had is finding the right camera to do the job properly which i have now found so just waiting for it to be delivered.

i have already built a daytime one which works very well upto 200 yrds, will prob go further with a decent scope but all i have tested it to is 200 and its perfect, total cost of my daytime one was £70 and thats only cos i paid £60 for the camera new

i,ve since bought two more of these camera,s for £15 second hand and am now making the attachments up for my buddies 17 hmr, i,ve been using a cheap scope but the quality through his is amazing,

anyway sorry to hog the thread but good luck finding a camera but the old sony camcorder is sound, made a fitting for one of the lads on here and he is impressed by the night view

You should do your own build thread mate. Id be interested to see progress.

You should do your own build thread mate. Id be interested to see progress.

as said i,m videoing the build process from start to finish, the biggest prob as said was getting a camera to work with an IR illuminator and also to be vari focal so as it could adjust to the scope it also had to be very low lux, the problem i first had was at distances over 50mtr the camera would struggle to focus properly, think i,ve sorted that on now,

i,ll be putting all the results on here within the next month as work commitments are slowing my working on the N.V down

thanks again Evo

as said i,m videoing the build process from start to finish, the biggest prob as said was getting a camera to work with an IR illuminator and also to be vari focal so as it could adjust to the scope it also had to be very low lux, the problem i first had was at distances over 50mtr the camera would struggle to focus properly, think i,ve sorted that on now,

i,ll be putting all the results on here within the next month as work commitments are slowing my working on the N.V down

thanks again Evo

lovely job. look forward to.it mate.

What camera are u using looked for Sony handy cam night shot but got a chance of a Sony with xmor r cmos sensor which I think replaces the nightshot mode,anyone used one?

Edited by Davyo