minimum number of decoys to use

dazzyboi

Iv just bought 6 pigeon shell decoys .

iv only got 6 for the moment. Going to try them one day over the minimal crops my farmer is growing at the moment to ty and lure atleast a few in.

Would 6 be ok for now or would i need alot more??

6 is fine...............then add the dead ones you shot to the pattern

iv only got 6 for the moment. Going to try them one day over the minimal crops my farmer is growing at the moment to ty and lure atleast a few in.

Coolio, i will be getting more, just wantedn 6 for now, nice even number

Ive just ordered 10 of the sillosock ones...........when we "meet up" Ill pass on some of my other ones to you, a few "air rifle" holes in them, but still in good use...

Ive just ordered 10 of the sillosock ones...........when we "meet up" Ill pass on some of my other ones to you, a few "air rifle" holes in them, but still in good use...

Nice one mate :drinks:, bit of target practise was it or mistook it for a real one :ernyha:

Yess yes, meetup will be in order for mucho's shooting and muchooss beer drinking, not at the same time obviously

I was planning to shot a drilled field once , and forgot the decoys, so i walked up the side of a nearby wood and shot one pigeon. I stuck it out and soon one became two and so on total day 80+.

If you do a good recce 6 to 10 will get you started.Always add shot birds to the pattern. If you want to buy 30+ decoys the more the better.

There is a post on here, from me, can't be ***** to find it... but I wandered out with no hide, 5 shiny crappy plastic deeks and setup about 5.50pm. I had shot 45 woodies by 7pm and was packing up.

Deeks/toys won't make up for being in the right place at the right time :ernyha:

Thats very true...............but I for one wouldnt want to be carrying around 30 deeks.....................

I usualy stick about half a dozen full bodied and then half a dozen shells in my bag. that with the rotorary and the bouncer, job done.

Will look to replace the half dozen full bodies with these wind sock ones..............will mean a hell of a lot or more room for dead birds at the end of the day.....................and it better need the space.....

As for pints dazzi..........I aint drinking none of this gay lord type beer that you southerners have with a faggoty top in it............

Thats very true...............but I for one wouldnt want to be carrying around 30 deeks.....................

I usualy stick about half a dozen full bodied and then half a dozen shells in my bag. that with the rotorary and the bouncer, job done.

Will look to replace the half dozen full bodies with these wind sock ones..............will mean a hell of a lot or more room for dead birds at the end of the day.....................and it better need the space.....

As for pints dazzi..........I aint drinking none of this gay lord type beer that you southerners have with a faggoty top in it............

Will be interesting to see how these Sock deeks work out, especially after the video wouldnt load for me, make sure you get some pics and video's of them set-up mate.

As for pints...What on earth do you want me to drink? paint thinner? Im only a small lad (In the height area!) :ernyha: Cider is loved by many a folk