investarm o/u 20b hushpower

wolfkiller

I'm thinking of getting an investarm 20b o/u hushpower for vermin control,has anybody had any long term expierience of using one?

what is the build quality and reliability like?

was talking to a guy who works at the local gunshop and he says its just an

alloy action which is abit on the soft side and probably wouldn't last.however this is just one persons opinions.

Before i part with any hard earned cash i would be grateful for any opinions on them good or bad.

I have a 410 baikel s/b hushpower which i rate highly but feel that a quick second shot would sometimes be handy,have looked at the mossy 410 but find it a bit unwieldy for my needs

thanks

Guest cookoff013

ask sitsinhedges, he has used one for years.

i am tempted to get one, but i reload exclusively for 12gauge, making my 12 more useful. there is no point in me playing the gauges, i can make the 12gauge go like a .410 or a 10gauge.

if you are dedicated to get 2 shots off, then 20gauge is your ownly option.

i would not get a .410, as any other gauge is better, just because the other gauges use more shot, bigger shot, and easy and relatively cheap to reload and have performance.

i`m not talking about the .410 and the #8 having an effective range of a few feet, but a 12gauge, thumping 36g #2 at vermin.

those 2 loads are like comparing a shopping trolley to a F1 car.

I've owned two and was out shooting one today.

They are a lump and take a bit of getting used to, they aren't that good for those fleeting chances because they just aren't that snappy to swing thru with but if you're getting reasonably predictable shots such as when decoying or a predictable flightline they can be great.

I did most of my decoying with one last year and my best bag was 50 pigeons for 75 shots, I was most pleased.

The thing with them is that you can shoot where normal shotguns can be a problem. On thursday I was shooting next door to a golf range. I didn't have that many shots to be honest but regardless they didn't even know I was there.

Even farmers get fed up with a constant pop pop pop on a summers afternoon when they may be relaxing in the garden with their family. My Hushpower just opens up so many opportunities but the trick is to put the right ammo thru it to get the best results. The range can be on par with a normal shotgun load.

I would hate to be without one, shooting quietly is just so much more pleasant, no ear muffs or hassle.

I don't see wear being a particular issue but they are dear to buy new for what is a basic gun.

Edited by sitsinhedges

I had one for about 12 months.

They take a lot of getting used to "drainpipe on a stock" would be a good summery. They are also very long in length and a bit clumbsy.

The basic investarm gun is very cheaply made and not good quality, I had issues with it double discharging which were sorted under guarantee.

On a more positive note, it is a very handy tool to have for certain situations when other shotguns are too loud, around buildings and built up areas and around livestock when a rifle or louder shotgun can't be used.

I got rid of mine because it hardly got used.

They are supprisingly light being a plastic stock and aluminium (i think) moderator but it is only a £250 gun with a £500 moderator.

thanks for all the replys,it is alot for what is in essence a budget base gun but unfortunately it is the only moderated o/u shotgun that is easily available (heard of the la porte 12b based on a fabarm but they hardly ever come up and are even more expensive and i would guess louder).

i'm a keeper so its primary use would be shooting vermin on the estate (rabbits,crows pigeons),squirrels around the feeders etc where i want to keep noise disturbance to a minimum due to pheasants being around during the season.i'm used to the extra barrel length and odd handling from using the 410 s/b hushpower which like i said in the other post i do rate and is the gun i have with me constantly,so i think it wouldn't be much of a problem changing over to the 20.