Happy happy happy

Byrnsie44

Nice one Brynsie44. It does go to show that persistence and patience pays dividends eventually when trying to get permissions.

There are permissions available out there, all be it they are sometimes far and few between. It is often a matter of knowing how to present yourself and how to talk to the landowners when asking for permission to shoot!

Take care of your permission and you will sometimes find that if you do a good job at controlling the "vermin" on that permission the farmer/landowner will recommend you to other farmers/landowners!

p.s. Don't forget the "customary" good will gesture of the bottle of "something nice" each Christmas and also offer to help with things around the farm occasionally (if you are in a position to do so) i.e. Fencing, Harvesting, Lambing, etc, - Simple good will gestures like that are often gladly received and always remembered by the farmers!

Cheers guys!

Quick question, I'm due to shoot there tomorrow and the land owner says people have shot for him before but as I am not on an open certificate I want to check. It's ground in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields. Should I call the feo and ask?

Thank you