my new place of work

beeredup

Cool job, hate windfarms though.

They've killed off the remains of the fishing fleet in Grimsby to make way for the cats and to add insult to injury, they're planting the bloody things on all the prime fishing banks.

Easy way to ride out a storm though,jack yourself above the waves, lol......have you got a weather limit ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah not keen on the tings myself but they are paying my mortgage and supplying me with shooting tokens ;) yeah we can't move in mor ethan 2 metres swell and the crane stops work about 15 metres a second wind speed

the mono piles (the tubes) weigh upto 700 tonnes and i think the vertical yellow tranisition pieces are 300 ish tonnes big heavy stuff i am looking forward to go back on the 30th an gettin stuck into it we have 108 to batter intot he seabed once we have finished that we install the turbines on top :D

Don't you think that's going a bit overboard for getting to the marsh to do a bit of wildfowling? Maybe you're turning it into a punt? Hate to see the size of the punt gun. It must take half a ton of steel shot to load it, and what about the powder charge? Wouldn't fancy rowing that thing.

Got it! Just had another look at the piccies. Those pipes are, in fact used to make up the barrel. What sort of choke do you use on it?

Edited by Uncle Albert

Don't you think that's going a bit overboard for getting to the marsh to do a bit of wildfowling? Maybe you're turning it into a punt? Hate to see the size of the punt gun. It must take half a ton of steel shot to load it, and what about the powder charge? Wouldn't fancy rowing that thing.

Got it! Just had another look at the piccies. Those pipes are, in fact used to make up the barrel. What sort of choke do you use on it?

LOL 4 tons of BB shot a 2 ton charge and a really open choke the recoils a ****** we ended up in rotterdam for 3 weeks the last time we fired it ;)