mobile home/thanks to all that replyed

zak1940

THANK YOU ALL THAT REPLED TO MY Q// I THINK THE CONCRET PAD IS THE BEST WAY OUT OF THIS PROBLEM BUT ANOTHER Q FOR YOU , REGARDING MY GUN, HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT WHEN I MOVE AND MY CAB IS NOT FIXED AT THE TIME, WOULD IT BE BEST TO LET MY BROTHER IN LAW PUT THE GUN IN HIS CAB AND IF SO WHAT DO I SAY ON THE CERT. IE, WOULD I HAVE TO SELL IT HIM TILL MY CAB IS PASSED THEN BUY IT BACK JUST TO LET THE OLD BILL KNOW WHERE IT IS OR WHAT ELSE CAN YOU PUT ON THE CERT. I ASK THIS AS SHALL BE ASKING THE OLD BILL TO COME TO MY MOBILE HOME AND SUGEST WHERE THE CAB IS BETTER TO BE AND IF ITS NOT FIXED AT THAT POINT THY COULD SAY WHY IS YOUR GUN HERE AND NO CAB FIX, YOUR HELP WOULD BE MOST GRATFULL. THANKS JIM.

Lend the gun to your brother, I'd be surprised if they'll let you keep a gun in a mobile home.

FIREARMS SECURITY HANDBOOK 2005, QUOTE MOBILE HOMES AND STATIC CARAVANS 2.25 TO 2.35 MAY I SURGEST YOU READ THIS AS THE GOOD PEOPLE FROM THIS SITE ASKED ME TO DO THE SAME, MANY THANKS,

If I was you, I would contact my Firearms Officer and ask them what they suggest I do.

Requirements can vary from area to area.

When I last moved and there was a few days when I had no gun cabinet fixed, I was told by my FLO that it would be OK to put my guns in a friends cabinet for a "couple of weeks", until I had my new cabinet in place.

They took a note of my Cert No and my friends address and Cert No.

PS. Knock off your caps lock. :good:

The whole point of the exercise is so that the old bill know where the firearms are. As has been said the FLO might be fine with your brother keeping this for you for a while without it coming off your cert and onto his. Ordinarily you can be in possession of a shotgun which is not yours and is not on your cert for 72 hours, after this time it should be on your cert.

You don't need to sell it to him, on the cert you can say that you have "let" it to him.