How do I

elowarr

The person buying needs a free slot on their FAC, face to face you cross out that weapon and send the plod a letter saying you sold that weapon.

If distance is a problem you have your local RFD deal with it, sending it to the buyers local RFD, a handling charge will be payable, but the result is the same.

GL!

Face to face is the only way I would do it, Check they have the necessary wording on their ticket to aquire the firearm.

Fill in the part on their licence and yours noting their ticket numbers etc. if it has a moderator with it and they have a slot put that in separately. Then inform your Firearms dept of the sale and if you are looking to aquire another .17 return your licence for the required wording to be added as you can't just sell one and buy another

If you are unsure, do the trade in with the Gunsmith - Al4x makes some very good points - my farmer friend took his FAC to the local firearms officer to get a plain English explanation as to what he could have on his FAC (he wanted a .22 semi auto with silencer). Because his certificate was "linked" (don't ask me how) to the farm and his old man's FAC, the permission was already there - the wording was bizarre - his old man held a .243 and my mate also had it on his ticket that he could use it unsupervised. The extension on his old man's ticket also allowed him to hold a .22 on his ticket apparently. Anyways, it didn't make a blind bit of sense to any of us and the long and short is that sometimes it ain't clear and cocking it up would mean a world of grief.