dodgy pellets!!!!

ronttuk

i was using my new hw100 yesterday and couldnt hit a barn door in the wind,so today i decided to check it out using our indoor 20 yd range, 1st shot high right 2nd shot low right 3rd shot bang on this carried on with no regular pattern i was using my normal pellet acupels.

i locked the hw100 in a workmate thinking to scope was buggerd,with my mate sitting on the workmate to stop it moving a looked through the scope pulled the trigger and watched the pellet go high left! tried another shot and watched the pellet go high right!fired another shot it was bang on another shot bang on another shot high right again,totally confused we tred a brand new hw100 of the rack using acupels to our amazement it was all over the place just like mine!!!

so we tried some different pellets some cheap bsa elites 1st shot spot on 2nd spot on 3rd spot on 3 mags of 14 shots later ive got a target with 1 hole the sze of a 5p piece,so whats gone wrong with acupels???

theve always been my 1st choice of pellets but now i wonder if i should use them at all!!

anyone else had any problems with acupels,i know recently somone had a dodgy tin with the seams showing but the ones ive got 22 bloody tins of them all look perfect!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Measure the pellets. Are they EXACTLY the size they should be?

Remember Air Arms make .22 pellets in 5.51 and 5.52mm thats a difference of one hundredth of a millimetre!

If that small amount makes a difference anything more than that could mess things up big time.

I have not used accupells for a while now so cannot comment on the quality but it might that they are no longer suited for your barrell.

I take it you have excluded all the "silly things" like it clipping the silencer? Although this is unlikely as some pellets seem to work.

iv'e got the hw100 as well and spent weeks working my way through pellets

ive now decided that its either

H & N field target trophy's or RWS super H point

but im gonna try out some of the new wierauch pellets when the local shop gets them in !!!

rgds

oldandnew

Happened to me the other day, got the s16 out, making sure it was zeroed, target at 15 yards, 16 shot mag full of accupell, first shot went left, then next shot went right, next shot about an inch high !!!!!!!!!!! next day, fill the mag up, out i go, with accupell, first shot, same hole, next shot, same hole, i put 8 shots in the same pellet hole, weird aye :lol: i thinks its becouse some pellets are bigger then another, i also chequed the pellets, i always do before filling the mag :lol:

hi ya ron,

are they the acupel flat heads?

if so, you have 22 tins that wont hit a barn door at 10 paces, how much you want for them :lol:

had a simular prob yesterday, was hitting spot on, on the paper targets (warmish enviroment) then went after the bunnies early morning, and was missing everything, yet using same pellets could only put it down to the freezing temp on the S410, expanding/contracting gasses??

hi ya ron,

are they the acupel flat heads?

if so, you have 22 tins that wont hit a barn door at 10 paces, how much you want for them :lol:

had a simular prob yesterday, was hitting spot on, on the paper targets (warmish enviroment) then went after the bunnies early morning, and was missing everything, yet using same pellets could only put it down to the freezing temp on the S410, expanding/contracting gasses??

always after a bargain stubby,you havent changed in the 40yrs ive know you lol

there acupels std ones matchpells or verminpells are the flat heads

thell all be going back to the supplier!!!

I must admit Ive had this same problem in my enigma. I used one tin of accupels and they were fine...then went to another tin and they scattered everywhere. I've currently turned to Logun Penetrators because theyre much better for hunting....so I've indirectly solved the problem by changing pellets for a different reason lol...

-Andrew