FAC question

Im an experienced shooter mainly shotgun but i do have alot of rifle common sense, now i dont have an fac but id kike ti get one! Im told its alot of hassle? Not sure what that meant but im assuming having land passed off and recorded and limited ammo aswell as seperate storage! If so thats not a problem for me as u dont mind! Is there anything other than what iv said that differs from SGC? Or is nore of a hassle?

Edited by fabarm gamma boy

Getting a FAC is commonly more involved, long winded and frustrating than a SGC.

If you already have a SGC you will at least be familiar with the basics, look at that and add more paperwork, checks and grief and you have FAC.

In VERY SIMPLISTIC terms, you are allowed a SGC, you have to show good reason for a FAC!

There is also a county mile between Target FAC and Field/Stalking/Pest Control FAC.

Hell, plenty do it, so it's obviously possible!

Replies for this could be pages long, but if you have good reason crack on! :good:

Cheers Dekers thanks for the reply mate! yeah deffo have reason and suitable land for the calibre i would like (223) all my farms breed sheep so naturaly alot of foxes among other pests/vermin! iv no interest in anything bigger than a foxing calibre at the moment so i wont be asking for anything bigger than 22-250!

Well i best get an aplication filled out cheers mate,

Atb fabarm

Edited by fabarm gamma boy

I'm just going through the process myself, you need a purpose ie pest/vermin control, you need to get your farmer/land owner to fill in and sign a permissions form the land has to be checked and cleared for your intended calibre then you wait for what seems an age whilst all forms are checked.

As long as you fulfill the required criteria a Chief Constable must issue you with a FAC.

The Firearms Act is quite specific and states (please note use of the word shall):

A firearm certificate shall be granted where the chief officer of police is satisfied—

that the applicant is fit to be entrusted with a firearm to which section 1 of this Act applies and is not a person prohibited by this Act from possessing such a firearm;

that he has a good reason for having in his possession, or for purchasing or acquiring, the firearm or ammunition in respect of which the application is made; and

that in all the circumstances the applicant can be permitted to have the firearm or ammunition in his possession without danger to the public safety or to the peace.

Edited by CharlieT

Just been granted my fac today after less than 4 weeks from posting to visit in Staffordshire. Got granted

2x .22lr

1x .223

1x .308

1x .357 lever action

All with mods, was told if was applying for the guns for vermin there wud be no chance of all the guns on first application but as for target shooting for different disaplins got granted them all. Top female officer from Staffordshire police and very good to talk to and discus things. Now it's time time hammer the bank account