A pair of antique truncheons/batons

ANGOF

A lovely pair of old truncheons with leather wrist straps.

The one with the rounded end measures 15.5 inches, the one with the bomb end measures 14.8 inches.

Would make handy priests or display as is.

£45 posted for the pair.

005-48_zpsbc051c9c.jpg

006-40_zps8d7a5020.jpg

007-23_zpscb68e811.jpg

are they quite heavy or fairly light, the rounded end one looks like the one I had throughout my prison service career, unless its very heavy, made from lignum vetae then it`s older,

I started in the service in 1975and have never seen one like it.

Good luck with the sale

Thanks for the info guys :), Im trying to get them weighed but they are too heavy for my digi powder scales and not heavy enough for the digi bathroom scales. Am going to take them to mothers after work tomorrow and stick them on the old fasioned kitchen scales.

Have one with a velvet and silver crown on the top with engravings at my grandads, its very heavy, i cant remember which ancestor it was from? But i know that had something to do with service in the police force - edit to ad google says its a tipstaff not a truncheon.

they are an nice little bit of history mate, i like things like that! good luck with your sale.

Edited by demonwolf444

they`ve got some age maybe 1940`s or earlier. defo Lignumvitae I don`t know any other wood that sinks, an old mate of mine who was 86 when he died last year had a LignumVitae Truncheon issued to him when he joined the prison service aged 21, so that would be 1947, I think the bullet shaped one would be older.

keep us informed pal. Tony A.