Chrono Connect

poorpeet

Has anyone managed to get this working ok? If I take the readings as true my gun is putting out 3-4 lbs yet its shooting flat out to 32m, the furthest I've tried, & driving AA fields deep into bits of timber at that range. So that can't be right!

I have measured carefully both distance to target, device and pellet path. pellet weight and shape.

What could I be doing wrong or is it just a useless app?

I've had a play with it on my spring rifle. Overestimates quite badly, telling me I'm shooting 1000ft/lbs, probably due to it registering the second clunk of the gun recoiling as being the hit on the metal pellet trap.

As all the calculations are based off sound, a silencer could further confound it.

I'll have another go tonight, using my pistols and see if it's any better with them.

I don't think it's a substitute for a proper chrono - it seems to be far too temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The problem is that it's working on sound, not the actual projectile, so it is always going to be more susceptible to misreadings. Is it your only method of checking the power of your gun?