Controlling magnet

davew

I noticed yesterday that when the magnet had been running for a while the pigeons took no notice and just flew straight by. So out I would go and turn off the magnet and start getting a few birds, after half an hour or more if things went quiet again I would go out and turn it back on, it seemed to have an almost immediate effect with birds often coming in before I was back in the hide. Thinking of taking a long wire and having the batterie in the hide so that I can give 10 mins on 10 mins off or whatever works best.

I noticed yesterday that when the magnet had been running for a while the pigeons took no notice and just flew straight by. So out I would go and turn off the magnet and start getting a few birds, after half an hour or more if things went quiet again I would go out and turn it back on, it seemed to have an almost immediate effect with birds often coming in before I was back in the hide. Thinking of taking a long wire and having the batterie in the hide so that I can give 10 mins on 10 mins off or whatever works best.

Not every bird you see is going to come to your pattern - that's just the way it is. Either leave the magnet out or take it down, it's pointless trying to do what you were doing.

I was using a magnet yesterday on a low corner of rape. Plenty of birds weren't interested, but some birds decoyed to within six yards of my hide.

I think if you were on the field the birds were really set on, then they would have decoyed more readily.

or maybe!!!!! He was in the rite field where they was feeding and may be field been over shot , nothing he saying suggests he was in wrong field :innocent: , did you fire at them six yard birds?? :lol: sporting shots :lol: [not]

Not every bird you see is going to come to your pattern - that's just the way it is. Either leave the magnet out or take it down, it's pointless trying to do what you were doing.

I was using a magnet yesterday on a low corner of rape. Plenty of birds weren't interested, but some birds decoyed to within six yards of my hide.

I think if you were on the field the birds were really set on, then they would have decoyed more readily.

or maybe!!!!! He was in the rite field where they was feeding and may be field been over shot , nothing he saying suggests he was in wrong field :innocent: , did you fire at them six yard birds?? :lol: sporting shots :lol: [not]

At no point did i mention being on the wrong field. Why would i fire at six yard birds?

I think if you was on the field that the birds were set on, they would of decoyed more readly????? does that not mean he was on wrong field??? :whistling: you said that you had birds decoying to 6 yards, I just wondered if you took sporting shoots :lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

At no point did i mention being on the wrong field. Why would i fire at six yard birds?

To kill em anymore than that is a long shot for me lol..

As for the magnet problem, they have there day and sometimes when it's a touch quiet you can think to much and over complicate things.

Karpma