over use of the whistle

darren m

i,m afraid i am guilty of this , what can i do

my mistake is/was to take 3 dogs together for walk / training at once .

so because of this i,m now only getting half the response that i used to get from whistle commands

the dogs all know the commands so no probs there , but they are just choosing to ignore them especially the turn pips .

i realise from now on the best thing to do is to stop taking them out together , but i,m just wondering wether to change the whistle all together currently a 2.10 1/2 for say a 212 or 211 and start again

any good ideas welcome

As above be fine walking/free running ur dogs only using recall which they should still respond to.

As for training defo only 1 at a time unless u can walk others to heel while 1 works but gets complicated if u have to run out to the 1 that is working with other 2 either tagging along or u have to sit them first.

Wot i do with my mob is sit them up in corner off field and take 1 to other side leaving them sitting, so good for steadiness off them too. My young lab isn't quite up to it yet so i put stick in ground and leave his lead on over stick, he's not far away so doesn't pull on stick or anything. U possibly could use a cork screw until ur dogs get used to wot ur doing. Either that or put them back in van and just take the 1 out at a time