6.5x55 reloads, happy happy happy

aister

I have been holding off reloading for the 6.5 till I got a mod for it, well mod arrived yesterday and with the nice day today I had a go at some loading. After loading 15 bullets and trying them down the range I couldn't be happier.

With winchester brass, winchester primers, varget powder and 140gr nosler partitions i loaded 5 with 34gr, 5 with 34.5gr and 5 with 35gr just to get me started.

Here is the results.

post-29954-0-50668500-1367931179_thumb.jpg 34gr

post-29954-0-60390500-1367931195_thumb.jpg 34.5gr

post-29954-0-79456700-1367931224_thumb.jpg 35gr

post-29954-0-50682700-1367931251_thumb.jpg 35gr

After the 3rd shot I was starting to wonder whether I was missing the target altogether with the 35gr load because the hole didn't change so I put a small stone in the hole, after the 4th shot I went down range and the stone was gone and the hole was a bit bigger.

Just goes to show that you don't need a super high mag scope, I wouldn't have thought it possible to shoot a group this small with a 6 power scope with heavy cross hairs, I had to colour in around the bull to make it a bit easier to see at 100 yards. Next move is to load some more and try them further out and put them through the chrony to see just out of interest what velocity I am getting.

Nothing wrong with that group, I'd be happy with that. Nice one. :good:

I think we would all be more than happy with a group like that from the 35gr load, it seems to suit you rifle perfectly! :yes::yes::yes:

I am just waiting for a member to arrive so that we can go out and sort his new .17 HMR out for an inacuracy problem (Could be the mod or the crown or maybe even his shooting :whistling: ) and check the zeroing on his 308 - If we can get accuracy like that we will both be more than delighted! :yes:

I think we would all be more than happy with a group like that from the 35gr load, it seems to suit you rifle perfectly! :yes::yes::yes:

I am just waiting for a member to arrive so that we can go out and sort his new .17 HMR out for an inacuracy problem (Could be the mod or the crown or maybe even his shooting :whistling: ) and check the zeroing on his 308 - If we can get accuracy like that we will both be more than delighted! :yes:

Cheers guys.

Good luck with the HMR frenchieboy. My BRNO .22 went to pot all of a sudden not long ago, best group I could get at 60 yards was about 2 1/2" I thought it was shot out as it has done a lot of shooting. I got it in the shed and noticed the fore end was touching the barrel for the first time since I had owned it so i cleared that and gave it a good clean around the bolt head and the breach, it was all caked up, I am afraid to say my .22 doesn't get much attention payed to it :blush:. All put back together and it was back to its normal self :).