Out with Scaffy

hawkeye

Got a call yesterday from a new farmer I was recommended to he had some new fields that had been just sown they were getting hit by crows.

Arranged to go today with Scaffy he picked me up at 8am got to the farm about 8.45 the farmer took us round the fields that he was having bother with typical hardly a crow in sight.

He left us to it we watched one field had a few crows on and some feral pigeons so decided to set up.

By the time we got started it was 11am at 2pm this voice from behind said "is there anyone there" hang on we were blasting bloody shotguns course there was someone there.

Turned out to be the next-door farmer after a chat he asked us if we would sort his ferals out he had a load coming into his buildings at night. We said we would go back after dark with the air rifles and lamp them.

We stopped shooting at 3pm total of 6 crows and 74 feral pigeons.

Drove home to change guns and we decided to have a ride round and lamp for a few rabbits after we had sorted out the ferals.

When we got back it was chucking it down with rain and blowing a gale we went into one building and shot 3 ferals the other buildings were open with cattle in and as we would have got soaked said sod it we will do them another day.

So we went ride about for a couple of hours after rabbits ended up cold and wet but we had shot 30 so new farmer will be happy.

The first time Scaffy and me shot it on Tuesday we had 43 rabbits to the lamp that night.

Looks as thought this new land is going to give us some good shooting in the future..

:shout::lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

Sounds like a cracking day (other than the rain of course)

I really need to get the Lads air rifle sorted as it's perfect for indoor pigeon work as it's lucky to be producing 9FPE :shout:

Wouldn't dare use the Falcon in a barn. They would aptly nick name it the Tetley barn the roof would be so full of perforations :lol:

Good job on the ferrals and rabbits :lol:

LG

I really need to get the Lads air rifle sorted as it's perfect for indoor pigeon work as it's lucky to be producing 9FPE :shout:

Wouldn't dare use the Falcon in a barn. They would aptly nick name it the Tetley barn the roof would be so full of perforations :lol:

Good job on the ferrals and rabbits :lol:

LG

LG you must be a louse shot with the falcon if you think you will make the roof a sieve. I use a webley sceptre doing 12ftlbs and it doesnt damage roof's.

mind you it would if you didnt hit the target but there again you take your time and get it right pick the right target and you will have no problems :lol:;):P:P:D:lol:

I really need to get the Lads air rifle sorted as it's perfect for indoor pigeon work as it's lucky to be producing 9FPE :good:

Wouldn't dare use the Falcon in a barn. They would aptly nick name it the Tetley barn the roof would be so full of perforations :D

Good job on the ferrals and rabbits :good:

LG

LG you must be a louse shot with the falcon if you think you will make the roof a sieve. I use a webley sceptre doing 12ftlbs and it doesnt damage roof's.

mind you it would if you didnt hit the target but there again you take your time and get it right pick the right target and you will have no problems :):P:P:D:D:D

Smart *** :P

Nothing wrong with my Aim OR my Falcon but a .177 10.6g lump of lead at a little over 700FPS for a head shot at sub 20 yards it tends to travel THROUGH the skull and strike the back drop :good:

Once even shot a hole through an asbestos roof :good:

Oh and take a gander on the Meet up page there is gonna be a trip to Thimbleby if your interested?

LG

I really need to get the Lads air rifle sorted as it's perfect for indoor pigeon work as it's lucky to be producing 9FPE :good:

Wouldn't dare use the Falcon in a barn. They would aptly nick name it the Tetley barn the roof would be so full of perforations :P

Good job on the ferrals and rabbits :D

LG

mind you it would if you didnt hit the target but there again you take your time and get it right pick the right target and you will have no problems :P:P:P:D:D:P

Smart *** :P

Nothing wrong with my Aim OR my Falcon but a .177 10.6g lump of lead at a little over 700FPS for a head shot at sub 20 yards it tends to travel THROUGH the skull and strike the back drop :P

Once even shot a hole through an asbestos roof :good:

Oh and take a gander on the Meet up page there is gonna be a trip to Thimbleby if your interested?

LG

Get a .22 then at the range we shoot you can go for body shots and they are dead straight away...... :good::good::D:):D:D