My first with the hornet

bicykillgaz

Hi,

Recently got myself a cz527 American in .22hornet for using on rabbit, crow and the occasional fox. Took it out the other weekend to zero and when I'd finished spotted this rabbit at about 120-130yrds, it wasn't anything special just a straight point and shoot but as its my first thought I'd share it.

It's got an Edgar brothers 6-24x42ao on it, no idea what brand mod but its hornet specific and definitely does the job. Thinking of getting an over barrel mod for my cz varmint now as it looks a bit long compared to the hornet. I'm currently using 45gr ppu sp factory rounds and getting groups about 3/4". It's zeroed 1/2" high @ 65m next time I get out I'm gonna see what it's like at 100yrds and also try out some 46gr rws sp factory rounds, I was hoping to be out today but my back playing me up.

Cheers Gary

post-18953-0-54435000-1368353052_thumb.jpg

Good stuff :good:. Sounds like you are getting better results with the PPU's than I did.

I'm really pleased with them, maybe a different story if I was to try pushing it out a bit but for my land I don't really need to. My mate nicholiath is going to teach me how to load and I've been speaking with wymberley who's been a big help too, but for now the factory ammo certainly works for me.

Nice shooting mate, I ve been toying with the idea of getting a hornet , how much are the rounds?

Atb

Flynny

The ppu came with the gun and can't get them locally, I've bought some rws at £25 for 60 as it was all he had normally there £42 per 100 which I don't thinks too bad.

Good luck with the reloading :good:. The load I have found best so far in my CZ is 12.4gr lil gun and 35gr v-max. It does tend to open up a bit after 100 yards but like you I don't have to push it out too far as I use the hornet mostly for lamping and everything tends to be under 150 yards and when its like that its just point and shoot.

Good luck with the reloading :good:. The load I have found best so far in my CZ is 12.4gr lil gun and 35gr v-max. It does tend to open up a bit after 100 yards but like you I don't have to push it out too far as I use the hornet mostly for lamping and everything tends to be under 150 yards and when its like that its just point and shoot.

How are 35gr on fox?

I'm hoping to get buying some kit next pay day to get started but I'm in no rush the way it's shooting at the minute.

How are 35gr on fox?

I'm hoping to get buying some kit next pay day to get started but I'm in no rush the way it's shooting at the minute.

I cant say as we have no foxes here on the isle but looking at some of the rabbits I have shot I cant imagine a fox shrugging it off.

Nice, I have been using PPU in my 357m and they have done very well even in fmj taking several fox's. £45/100. Only got a few left but had them since January!

Keep up the good work, hope the back fix's.

U.

That is cheap, I don't shoot mega numbers so am happy to use factory stuff price wise. I just fancy tinkering around reloading, I imagine its a little more satisfying knowing its your load doing the business.

The back will sort its self out soon if I take it easy, it's just my luck mrs is working so could of been out all day but instead I'm laid on the sofa full of codeine, naproxen and paracetamol.

Cheers